Cloud Migration Readiness
Preview Cloud Performance and Cost — Before You Migrate
Our cloud migration products realize the agility, scale, and cost benefits of the cloud while lowering the risks of cloud migration by understanding in advance how your workloads will perform — and what they’ll cost — once migrated to the cloud.
Reduce the Risk of Cloud Migration
Validate your migration plans with workload intelligence
Plan It All in Advance
We’ll help you de-risk your cloud migration by confirming the suitability of targeted apps based on their on-prem performance SLAs, their dependencies, performance requirements in the cloud, and estimated cost — all before any migration. You will know:
- Which workloads to migrate
- Which cloud provider to use
- How to reduce migration time
- What are the optimal configurations
- How to pre-test cloud workload performance
- How to know apps are performing as expected in the cloud
What’s Our Process?
Understand the project
Confirm migration objectives, scope, and approach, and detail app requirements with Virtana’s VirtualWisdom.
- Instrument target workloads or apps
- Discover application workload characteristics
- Identify dependencies between compute, networking, and storage
- Deliver a Target Workload Inventory, Application Dependency Maps, and a Baseline Assessment
Create accurate representations of workload needs
Leverage machine learning to distill large amounts of workload data into representative, synthetic groups of workloads.
- Subset synthetic groups by CPU, memory, network, and storage
- Identify and fine-tune candidate cloud configurations
- Deliver workload profiles, affinity groups, synthetic workloads, and candidate cloud configurations & costs
Match workloads to suitable cloud configurations
Test representative workloads in specific cloud configurations to select cost-optimal placements and verify performance.
- Choose a candidate cloud configuration
- Replay synthetic workloads
- Tune candidate configuration
- Verify workload performance
- Deliver synthetic workload cloud performance report
- Update candidate cloud configurations & costs
Confirm everything is working as expected
Use the power of Virtana’s CloudWisdom to observe migrated workloads in the cloud and identify any unforeseen performance or capacity issues.
- Monitor migrated workloads
- Compare to on-premise performance
- Recommend further tuning as needed
Leverage Our Expertise
Our teams have 10+ years of field experience helping the largest Global 1000 IT enterprises with infrastructure performance management and application workload analytics.Explore Services
What our Customers Say
“Virtana is a trusted partner that helps us ensure the superior performance and uptime of the infrastructure that underpins our payment platforms.”
– Bob Lembo, Director, IT Systems, PayPal
“Having a platform that enables our IT teams to proactively identify potential problems before our users are impacted is crucial.”
– Philip Karp Vice President, IT Architecture & Infrastructure, NYU Langone Health
“VirtualWisdom provides deep, granular visibility and control of our mission-critical infrastructure. “
– Randall Neth, Sr. VP, Global Infrastructure, Curo Financial TechnologiesWatch the Video
“With Virtana, we gain full visibility into the performance, capacity, health, and utilization of the infrastructure supporting our mission-critical applications.”
– Jon Phillips, Enterprise IT Manager, University of Texas Health Science CenterWatch the Video
“I don’t understand how any IT environment can function without Virtana. We can now diagnose problems, drive utilization, and satisfy the requirements of both our users and our board.”
– Randy Davis, CIO & VP of Support Services, CGH Medical CenterRead the Case Study
Industry Leaders Trust Virtana
Deep Dive into Cloud Migration Readiness
Find out how the Cloud Migration Readiness service can reduce your cloud migration risks.